Boards & Committees
Town Board of Commissioners
The Town Board meets the 1st Thursday and 3rd Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m.
2019 Meeting Schedule
Board of Commissioners 2019 meeting calendar
The Planning Board meets the third Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m.
Zoning Board of Adjustment
The Board of Adjustment meets the third Tuesday of each month as needed at 6:00 p.m.
Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
The Parks & Recreation Advisory Board meets the first Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m.
The ABC Board meets the third Wednesday of each month at 1:00 p.m.
The Community Committee meets the second Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m.
Individuals interested in seeking an appointment to a Town of Cramerton board or Committee shall comply with this appointment process. Town boards and Committees may be created by action of the Town Board of Commissioners. The applicant should consult the enabling document that created the Board or Committee in which the applicant is interested, to obtain the terms and conditions for the appointment. The following is the Appointment Process for Town boards and Committees.
APPLICATION– An application form is required to be submitted prior to appointment to a Board or Committee. The form may be obtained from the Town Clerk’s office or by accessing the Town of Cramerton web page. Resume or letters of recommendation may be attached, and the entire form must be completed, including the applicant’s signature.
- Background Review/Verification – Information submitted on the application may be subject to verification by staff as determined by the Town Manager or at the request of the Town Board.
- Residency Requirement – Town residency may be required to serve on a particular Board or Committee. The applicant should consult the enabling document to ensure that they meet the qualifications for serving on the Board or Committee in which he or she has an interest.
- Submission of Application – Completed, signed applications are to be submitted to the Office of the Town Clerk, 155 North Main Street, Cramerton, NC 28032.
NOTIFICATION OF VACANCY OR EXPIRATION OF TERM – Town staff assigned to assist the Boards and Committees will immediately advise the Town Clerk of the resignation, removal, termination, or expiration of any term of office of any Board or Committee member. Copies of all letters of resignation will be forwarded to the Clerk for inclusion in the appropriate file.
- Upon being notified of a vacancy, the Town Clerk will advise the Town Board.
- The Town Clerk’s Office will post a notice of the vacancy on the Town’s web page for Boards and Committees, as well as the main bulletin board in Town Hall.
- Application shall include applicant’s name, specific Board or Committee, date of term expiration, if applicable, and whether the action is for appointment or re-appointment.